6WINDGate DPDK provides drivers and libraries for high performance I/Os on Intel and Arm platforms.
6WINDGate DPDK is based on the open source DPDK from dpdk.org, validated, maintained and supported by 6WIND.
Optional add-ons can be added to 6WINDGate DPDK for the support of non-Intel NICs, crypto and vNICs.
- Standard features of DPDK from dpdk.org
- Data Plane Libraries and Optimized NIC Drivers in Linux User Space
- Poll mode drivers (PMD) for direct access to the networking hardware
- Support for multiple Intel NICs
- Scalable performance for multi-core platforms
- Environment Abstraction Layer for portability
- 6WINDGate DPDK features that are not part of standard DPDK
- Virtio inner checksum offload, LRO, TSO
- Crypto Acceleration Framework
- Main unsupported features
- Packet framework libraries
/usr/local/dpdk/<dpdk-target>/.config for a complete
list of supported features.
Additional features available through 6WINDGate DPDK add-ons¶
- Poll Mode Drivers for multi-vendor NICs
Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN series PMD
Mellanox ConnectX-4 EN series PMD
Cavium QLogic FastLinQ 4xxxx PMD
Cavium QLogic FastLinQ 4xxxx PMD requires up-to-date Storm firmware version (188.8.131.52). Refer to DPDK documentation to ensure you have the correct firmware.
- Performance acceleration for virtualized networking
- Crypto acceleration modules
- Intel Multi-Buffer Crypto
- Intel Quickassist Crypto
- Intel Xeon E5-1600/2600/4600 v2 family (Ivy Bridge EP)
- Intel Xeon E5-1600/2600/4600 v3 family (Haswell EP)
- Intel Xeon E5-1600/2600/4600 v4 family (Broadwell EP)
- Intel Xeon E7-2800/4800 v2 family (Ivy Bridge EX)
- Intel Xeon E7-2800/4800 v3 family (Haswell EX)
- Intel Xeon E7-4800/8800 v4 family (Broadwell EX)
- Intel Xeon Platinium/Gold/Silver/Bronze family (Skylake)
- Intel Atom C2000 family for Communications (Rangeley)
- Intel Xeon D-1500 family (Broadwell DE)
- Ethernet NICs
- Intel 1G 82575, 82576, 82580, I210, I211, I350, I354 (igb)
- Intel 10G 82598, 82599, X520, X540 (ixgbe)
- Intel 10G/40G X710, XL710, XXV710 (i40e)
- Mellanox 10G/40G Connect-X 3 (mlx4)
- Mellanox 10G/25G/40G/50G/100G Connect-X 4/5 (mlx5)
- Broadcom NetExtreme E-Series (bnxt)
- Virtual NICs
- Vhost (only with Virtio Host PMD 6WINDGate DPDK add-on)
- AWS ENA
- Azure NetVSC
The PMDs that are not in this list are not supported.
Refer to the Features availability in networking drivers table for a per-PMD list of supported features.